The Best Body Lotions And Moisturizers For Dry Skin This Winter
Winter is finally here and it's time to protect your dry sensitive skin with our top picks this season. In this post, we share with you a list of our top 10 skin moisturizers and tips on choosing the ideal body lotion for you.
Whether you have dry to very dry sensitive skin combinations, this list features a carefully researched list of some of the best selling products and serves as the right guide in choosing the best daily skin moisturizer for you ...
Cerave - Moisturizing cream
- Provides 24-hour hydration and helps restore the protective skin barrier with three essential ceramides (1,3,6-II).
- Formulated with hyaluronic acid to help retain skin’s natural moisture.
- Utilizes patented MVE controlled-release technology to help replenish ceramides and deliver long lasting moisture.
- Free of fragrance and oil, hypoallergenic, non-comedogenic and non-irritating
- Ideal for normal to dry skin
Clinique - Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief
- Lush cream-gel penetrates skin, enhancing natural hyaluronic acid; nature's perfect moisture magnet.
- For 24 satisfying hours, skin is plumped, dewy, glowing from the inside out.
VaniCream- Moisturizing skin cream
- Free of dyes, fragrance, masking fragrance, lanolin, parabens and formaldehyde
- Can be used for skin problems such as atopic dermatitis (eczema), psoriasis, ichthyosis, winter itch
- Dermatologist recommended Gentle on even the most delicate skin
- Can be used as a night cream, for massage, and as a daily moisturizing cream for face, hands, and body
Aveeno- Daily moisturizing lotion
- Moisturizes for 24 hours
- For dry skin
- Contains soothing oatmeal
- Dimethicone skin protectant
Kiehl's Creme De Corps
- Enriched with the finest skin-nurturing ingredients known to Kiehl’s for a rich, elegant skin texture
- Leaves skin soft, smooth and beautifully moisturized
- A customer favorite
Beta-Carotene- a naturally-derived antioxidant predominantly found in many orange and red vegetables such as carrots. It is used in Vitamin A production and gives an orange tint when used in skincare products.
Cocoa Butter- a yellowy lipid expressed from the roasted seeds of the cocoa plant. It is solid at room temperature but melts at body temperature. It softens and lubricates skin and is used in a variety of skin care formulations.
Sesame Oil- which is a refined moisturizing oil derived from Sesame Seeds, has the same emollient properties as other nut and vegetable oils and is commonly used as a carrier oil for skin care products. Absorbs easily and softens the skin
Amlactin- Alpha Hydroxyl Therapy
- Relieves rough, dry skin
- Gently exfoliates, intensely hydrates
- Long-lasting moisture
- Ideal for broad body application
- Fragrance free and non greasy
Honey Skin- Face and body cream
- Contains powerful medical grade Manuka Honey for healing, botanical ingredients like Cehami and Plumeria for pain and inflammation, as well as MSM, Aloe vera, Shea Butter, Coconut Oil and Blue Green Algae to soothe and rejuvenate the skin at a cellular level, giving your skin what it CRAVES.
- Non-Greasy, Absorbs for FAST, effective treatment of Eczema, Psoriasis, Rosacea, Shingles and Redness. The cream penetrates fully to work INSIDE, not on top.
- Contains Vitamin, Mineral, Trace Mineral and Amino Acid your skin needs to FIX itself! HYDRATE and RESTORE the skin, pH balanced for face and eyes as well.
Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula with Vitamin E- 24hr moisture
Rich, luxurious Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Daily Skin Therapy body lotion provides deep hydration all over. This velvety soft formula absorbs quickly, creating a protective barrier that locks in moisture. From normal to dry to eczema prone skin, this emollient rich lotion effectively heals and softens, leaving skin smooth, supple and beautiful.
Cocoa Butter: a rich natural moisturizer that leaves skin soft and silky, tranforming even the roughest, driest areas into buttery soft skin.
Vitamin E: a powerful antioxidant that helps improve the appearance of scars, stretch marks and imperfections on the skin, giving a more even and toned appearance.
Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream
- For dry sensitive skin
- Intense long-lasting moisture
- Fragrance free
Nivea Extended Moisture - 48Hr body lotion
NIVEA Extended Moisture Body Lotion has a non-greasy formula with Provitamin B5. It relieves dry, tight skin for up to 48 hours and provides ultra-long lasting moisture.
- Provides relief for dry, tight skin
- Non-greasy formula with ProVitamin B5 for very dry, rough skin
- Moisturizes for 48 hours
- Dermatologically tested and approved
Tips On Choosing The Ideal Body Moisturizer or Lotion For You
- Check the list of ingredients to see if you are allergic or might be allergic to any of them.
- Do your own research about the product, check for dermatologist reviews and customer ratings.
- Visit a qualified dermatologist.
- Do a product test on a small part of your skin to see how your skin reacts.
- Go for products that have long hydrating strength if you have a very dry skin.